I. application materials
1. Exchange student application form & self-introduction
2. Notification Letter on Safety Responsibility of International Students
3. Front page of Passport
4. Schooling Certificate
5. English transcript
6. HSK certificate (required for prospective undergraduate applicants)
(No original documents are required. Applicants shall fill in the documents, sign them, scan them into a portfolio, name them in the way of school name + student name, and then send the PDF document to the mailbox of the teacher in charge. Students with X1 visa shall prepare at least 6 passport photos, and students with X2 visa shall prepare at least 5 passport photos.)
7. Physical examination certificate (Applicants shall attend the physical examination upon arrival according to the school regulations)
8. Policy-holder information form (Excel form)
All international students are required to purchase a comprehensive insurance policy. After receiving the application materials, the University will review the materials and collect the information of the admitted international students for the input of the insurance company. Students need to enter the official website of comprehensive insurance in China one week before the semester starts, enter their passport number, log in their account and settle the insurance premium. The premium is 400 yuan for half a year and 800 yuan for one year.
Ⅱ. Admission instructions
1. Exchange student application form & self-introduction must be typed, not handwritten, and must be filled in with both Chinese or English. The item of home address in the application form must be filled out in complete details in English with zip code included.
2. Students must enter the official website of comprehensive insurance in China one week before the semester starts, enter their passport number, log in their account and settle the insurance premium. Website: www.lxbx.net
3. Exchange students must have a physical examination in China. Upon arrival, the student shall go to the designated physical examination center in Weihai. The cost of physical examination is 500 yuan, which shall be borne by the student. Applicants can also finish the physical examination in South Korea, but the results of physical examination are only valid if they are issued by hospitals designated by the Chinese embassy. Students going through physical examination in South Korea need to go to the designated physical examination center in Weihai with their physical examination results for certification after arriving at the University. The certification fee is 60 yuan, which shall be borne by the students. If the physical examination results fail to pass the certification, the University will take measures to repatriate the students.
4. Exchange students taking Chinese language courses for free
Chinese language courses are divided into three levels: elementary, intermediate and advanced. After one semester of language courses, students' Chinese proficiency can be improved to HSK2 level, hsk4 level and hsk6 level respectively. Students of Chinese language courses are required to take a placement test.
Exchange students need to meet at least one of the following requirements when applying for undergraduate courses:
1) HSK4 or above
2) having completed the intermediate or advanced Chinese courses for international students
School of Naval Architecture, Ocean and Civil Engineering
Mechanical Design Manufacture and Automation
Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
School of Marine Science and Technology
Chemical Engineering & Technology
School of Automotive Engineering
Energy and Power Engineering
School of Electronic Information and Electronic Engineering
Measuring and Control Technology and Instrumentations
Electronic and Information Engineering
Electronic Science and Technology
School of Renewable Energy
Electrical Engineering and Automation
Energy and Power Engineering
School of Computer Science and Technology
Computer Science and Technology
School of Materials Science and Engineering
Materials Science and Engineering
Material Forming and Control Engineering
Welding Technology and Engineering
School of Science
Mathematics and Applied Mathematics
Information and Computing Science
School of Economics and Management
Science of Business Administration
Information Management and Information System
School of Languages and Literature
English Language and Literature
Korean Language and Literature
Chinese Language and Literature
Department of civil engineering
Before applying for the undergraduate program, applicants need to submit the language proficiency certificate to the international student management office. Due to the difficulty of undergraduate courses, course selection is not open to applications before the semester begins. Applicants are allowed to sit in on lectures that they have interests in and shall submit the relevant information of the courses to the international student management office after they have decided that they are able to complete the program. The international student management office will help students select courses after receive applications. Course selection is completed as exchange students submit the application forms to the lecturers and the lecturers of courses sign on the application form issued by the foreign student management office.
5. The opening and closing time of each undergraduate course is different according to the actual situation. Students who choose undergraduate courses can earn credits by taking and passing exams. The formal teaching time of language course ranges from the 2nd to 16th week of a semester. The 16th week is for final examination. Students can go back to their own countries after all examinations.
6. Exchange student application form, self-introduction & Notification Letter on Safety Responsibility of International Students must be signed by the student.
7. The University will assign one Chinese student of HITWH as the partner for each exchange student. The Chinese student will contact exchange students by email during the holiday. Please check your email frequently.
8. The airport pickup time is 14:40, the day before the official opening day of each semester, and the place is Weihai airport. Due to the distance between the school and the airport, all students are requested to take airport pickup offered by the University in order to ensure their safety. Therefore, exchange students shall take the flight that lands in Weihai before 14:40. Students who come late can take the airport bus, get off at the Harbin Institute of Technology station (near the main gate of the university), go to the international students' apartment to check in, and then attend the orientation meeting according to the schedule. Students do not take University’s airport pickup will be responsible for their own safety. Whether taking the pickup or not, exchange students shall inform the person in charge of the flight information within the specified time.
9. Office hours: Monday to Friday: 8:00-11:30 am, 14:00-17:30 PM
10. According to regulations of international student apartment, students who apply for exchange of one academic year should check out before the holiday of each semester and check in again at the beginning of the next semester. During the holiday, students can store their luggage in designated storage area.
Ⅲ. Cost overview
1. If the exchange time is one academic year, students shall apply for the X1 visa; if the exchange time is half academic year, students shall apply for the X2 visa. Students with an X1 visa need to get their residence permit within 30 days of entry. The charge for residence permit is 400 yuan. Students with X2 visas cannot change their visa into residence permits.
2. The physical examination fee is 500 yuan, and the certification fee is 60 yuan.
3. Insurance fee: 400 yuan for half a year and 800 yuan for one year (payment: students can settle the payment by themselves on the designated insurance website, www.lxbx.net)
4. Accommodation fee of international students' apartment: 4500 yuan per semester for twin rooms.
(according to the agreement signed by the friendly school, students who are exempt from the accommodation fee will be exempted.)
Ⅳ. Contact us
International Student Center, Room 401, Fourth Floor, North Wing of Student Activity Center, Harbin Institute of Technology, weihai
Address: No.2, West Wenhua Road, Gaoqu District, Weihai city, Shandong province, China
Contact: Zang Yu, Han Yu
Telephone: 86-631-5687009, 86-631-5687815
Zip code: 264209
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org